1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

12 furbs or 10-9 furbs?

Discussion in 'General Fire Chat' started by Name368, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Name368

Name368 Donators
    Donator Member

Today i was thinking about this... Until now i was training 12 furbs no matter what, but i found it may be a waste of wood and gold if i can save 2-3g and get next minute fang... cuz 2 furbs going deto instantly...
    Your thoughts?

2. Noobrage

Noobrage Members

Idk how you get the idea to have 17-18g but not being full furb

3. theHUMANhunter

theHUMANhunter Members

it's actually good to get max 9 furbs or 10
    most of the tiems the saved gold makes yo fang 1 min sooner

4. Master

Master The Reaper
    Legend Champion

I always go for max furbs and stay ahead even if my fang is 1 minute late, those extra furbs will gather the same amount the fang would have 1 minute sooner, it's a matter of preference but honestly I don't see any difference that could possibly change anything

Fiskefisk likes this.
  5. stamp

stamp Furbolg Harvester
    VFG Members

When i pick only 2 or 3 golds i go only 8 furbs, so i can get 12 min fang, but usually i go 9-10.

#5 stamp, Aug 27, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  6. Rugarus

Rugarus Firespawn Deforester
    Legend + Donator +

I've always trained full furbs in the past, but actually if you do the math it's much better to do 10 furbs and get the earlier fang worker.

1 furbolg = roughly 1600 wood per minute
    2 furbs = 3200 harvested in one minute
    The cost of each furb is 1k wood and 1 gold.

So you spend 2 gold extra + 2k wood and in return in a single minute earn about 1000 profit lumber.

1 fang worker = 6400 wood in one minute - 1k lumber = 5400 total profit in one minute. So providing you can get a fang the next minute it makes a lot more sense to go 10 furbolgs.

Sindricus likes this.
  7. 1010.

1010. Members

Going 10 furbs vs 12 furbs always makes you lose wood but the reason you do it is to hit fang timing. This fang timing is usually 3 -6 minutes later, so you have to plan quite far ahead.

Let's say that it is minute 9:25, and you have the following: 10 furbs, 1 gold, 2 mines, and 6k wood. It would be foolish to go 11-12 furbs in this situation because you will have exactly 21 gold at min 12. 1 (current gold) + 4 (minute 10:00) + 6 (minute 11:00) + 10 (minute 12:00) = 21 at minute 12 = fang. However, if you are in that situation and you have 3 gold, you could get 12 furbs and it would be perfectly fine.

This situation is further complicated by the vamps. Let's say we take the same situation as above and in this case you have 3g at minute 9. You might think that it is now acceptable to go 12 furbs. However, if vamps attack you in the future and you have to gather wood for defenses, you could miss a goldmine timing due to lack of wood. So in this case, you make a judgement call and decide to go 10 furbs and have 23 gold at minute 12 just in case you miss the timing at 11:00 and have 21.

There are many many different scenarios and timings which need to be individually calculated. 99% of players play incorrectly in this aspect, which leads to slower tech. If you play mathematically perfect then your tech will be around 15%-20% faster from my personal experience.

Sindricus and YozefAnder like this.
  8. YozefAnder

YozefAnder Members

I think its also important if u can lose furbs due to the chain

Sindricus likes this.
  9. onkelz

onkelz Basic Harvester
    Guardians VFG Members Donator

i always going 10 furbs

10. 1010.

1010. Members

1. You forgot about the 8 workers detonated and how much wood they will collect.
    2. It is to save gold, not wood so in the long term you can get a fang on a minute you wouldn't have been able to. This translates to a mine which can then translate to another fang on an unusual minute.

11. Rugarus

Rugarus Firespawn Deforester
    Legend + Donator +

I did not forget about the workers there lumber is so small it's almost irrelevant. Maybe if I was saying full furbs is better than you could correct me.

And not about the wood? If you get a fang worker that means you get increased wood count for that minute vs 2 furbs harvesting and can result in another mine or whatever else. I never said it's not about the gold, obviously you need that extra gold for the fang worker.

12. NinjaPT

NinjaPT Donators
    Donator Member

Not exactly! Hey guys I did some tests in-game in order to add to the conversation. The tests assume the regular Workers have full wood upgrades of course. WPM stands for Wood Per Minute that is generated.

20 food -> 1 Furbolg = 1700 WPM
    20 food -> 4 Workers = 700 WPM (This means 4 workers generate wood at about 40% rate of 1 Furbolg. That's almost half!)

Worker cost = Free
    Furbolg cost = 1 gold + 1000 wood

Exact timings, considering costs:
    If Furbolg life span is less than 1, you lost 1 gold and lost wood.
    If Furbolg life span is equal to 1, you lost 1 gold.
    If Furbolg life span is greater than 1, you lost 1 gold, but gained wood.

If Furbolg life span is = 2 min, you have lost 1 gold, but gained 1000 wood
    If Furbolg life span is = 3 min, you have lost 1 gold, but gained 2000 wood
    If Furbolg life span is = 4 min, you have lost 1 gold, but gained 3000 wood
    If Furbolg life span is = 5 min, you have lost 1 gold, but gained 4000 wood

Conclusion
    Economic wise, it is never worth it to make a Furbolg if you intend for him to last 1 minute or less. After 1 minute, it's up to you to decide whether the extra wood that'll come in is worth paying 1 gold for.

Edit: Made more in-game tests to provide a bigger sample size for more precise results

#12 NinjaPT, Aug 28, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    theHUMANhunter and Rugarus like this.
  13. 1010.

1010. Members

8 workers collect about 1400/wood per minute so it is not insignificant. My point was, don't focus on calculating wood, that is too much to do in game. Instead focus on gold and try to hit 2-3 extra timings and that will boost economy.

I am not correcting you, it is already obvious that 10 furbs is superior that is why everybody has been doing it, but I am saying that you didn't do a complete calculation.

14. Name368

Name368 Donators
    Donator Member

Well i must say 9-10 furbs really works, i calculated income at 10th minute and then i train furbs depending on that, yesterday i got in 3 games fangs at 12th min which is imo good. Unless im heavily attacked its possible, and need to pick 2 coins ideally before 5:30.

NinjaPT likes this.