1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone think VF is the next dota?

Discussion in 'General Fire Chat' started by Rugarus, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Rugarus

Rugarus Firespawn Deforester
    Legend + Donator + Member

By the title I mean, since dota came from warcraft and became a massively played game on it's own platform. Do you think that vampirism fire or the vampirism series could eventually hit it big and become it's own game outside of warcraft.

I mean vampirism is one of those games you can play the shit out of one day, get so sick of it, and the next day it's like it's brand new to you and you can play it for hours again, and the skill involved makes for a never ending learning experience.

Pedram likes this.
  2. Wezzeh

Wezzeh Members

I don't think it's possible to add a lot of new content to VF as frequently as it's being added to dota, so I don't quite see it becoming the next "big thing"

3. Waterwalker007

Waterwalker007 Lord Of The Sea
    Staff Member Shaman VFG Members Donator

I agree vampirism fire is highly addictive, fast pace, and almost never gets old. I always prefer WC3 over any other game because of vampirism. I never played Dota so I dont know how many people played, but seeing as a full game of Vampirism only takes 1-5 minutes on average, I call that popular, and i like it.

But, I don't think it will ever get to be like Dota, with our only 1-2 Developers, 1 bot and does not have the mass community Dota has/did have. (from what I can tell)

But Vampirism is probably one of the most played custom games right now. (after dota maybe)

4. Kayotica

Kayotica Members

Vampirism Fire will become the next big thing, why? Cause I will make it happen <3

5. Rugarus

Well the developer count will rise if the game ever got more players, but I think the amount of people playing it is rising. I haven't been around long enough(past few years) so I wouldn't know if it is or not, but I think the lobbies fill up quicker than they did maybe 6 months ago.

I never played dota either, but I know dota is the same map and same objective time and time again. So I can imagine if a game like vampirism gets played over and over as much as it does it's one of those games that could hit it big.

6. ping

ping Active Member
    Staff Member SysOp Member

7. Legacy

Legacy The Smurf Killer and Lord of the Lords
    Legend Donator

we could make a kickstarter too see if people would be interested in a standalone

8. Fiskefisk

Fiskefisk Members

Interesting! I'm very amazed by the WC3 community, the custom games in it and how popular WC3 is, especially considering how old it is.

9. Rugarus

I think you should do it, I'll donate a few bucks. I really think vampirism is one of those games that could hit it big, you just need more players noticing it which can be hard on a game this old.

10. Gutts

Gutts Members

Well it provably could with monthly map change new items and shit, but why?

For me dota 2 and other clones as HoN or LoL is piece of shit, but i played it a lot as wc3 map.

I hope blizz will relase wc4 with support for developers of this custom maps. (hire them)

11. Waterwalker007

Waterwalker007 Lord Of The Sea
    Staff Member Shaman VFG Members Donator

I agree, would be best game ever! A few problems i see. Who would the money go to, and what will be used with the money?

12. Rugarus

I agree, would be best game ever! A few problems i see. Who would the money go to, and what will be used with the money?

Money goes to the developers. Money used for new updates.

13. Wizz4rd

Wizz4rd Members

Money goes to the developers. Money used for new updates.

If it were that easy...

I think for the time being it is best if VF stays inside Warcraft. Although we have a good community, its size is no way near to be comparable to something like DotA (which might be a good thing, actually ;) ).

14. vzk

vzk Members

Would be nice to do, but only with the dynamical wc3 engine mechanics because most of those games are done with Dota2 engine and to be honest it's the worst engine to play VF.

15. Cheekything

Cheekything Cuddlybear Extraordinare!
    Staff Member Member

Someone is leaking secrets again ;).

16. Lemon-Juice

Lemon-Juice Members

It's not, it won't ever be I think.

There's just too little to differentiate in the game.

17. kadilak

kadilak Members

There is no need for that in sense of graphical improvement.I already did graphical imporvement,but it has bug i dont know how to fix(when playing vamps).Problem is am amateur,but at least i showed to vamp fire fans that this is POSSIBLE.
    And i say,u dont have idea if someone help me,how awesome it would look,i worked alone with this limited knowledge i have.
    If vamp fire clan involved more in this,this could be official mod for this map,and if they gave their map,this could look far better and more stable.
    I could hire professionals to do it,but vamp fire clan just not interested.I wouldnt ask any credits,i am rdy to teach develpers of map how to make a mod!But they dont care!
    If anyne of developers interested to continue this project,i am rdy to help,and i dont ask any credit!U guys talk about stand alone version(i dont say its impossible),but u throw this oportunity just like that :(
    Heres the link : http://www.moddb.com/mods/vampirism-fire-graphical-mod/images

18. FLEX

FLEX Members

VF is a "tag", there a lot of games was popular in some time (like hide&seek, treetag, etc), but all of them (include VF) not so popular like Dota, also you can't make profit by making tournaments, so there will be no supports for marketing things.

It's just a fun game, like battleships, with local-based community. There was a try to make VF in dota2, but it's failed.
    In my mind 1 thing can improve this is only local battle.net, but I'm pretty sure ppl will still play on currents battlenets by reason they play not only VF.

sry for bad English.

19. ping

ping Active Member
    Staff Member SysOp Member

Pretty much. Vampirism Fire can only go so far, and would be unprofitable if it went as a standalone because there's just not enough money to make off of it.

20. Rugarus

Well as far as profits go, you could perhaps sell vampire/human skins, ads on the website. But yeah I understand that.