1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Early ganks using main human

Discussion in 'Strategies' started by qnra, Sep 24, 2015.

1. qnra

qnra Members

So, you're playing as vampire, walking around, killing stuff and boom, suddenly couple of humans show up manaburning you you to death, blocking your path with healing towers and constantly attacking you (rifles research included), blinking with slayers and in the end killing you. So my question here is how to play against that? Any advice? Yes, it looks pretty hillarious tho, but annoying as well when you die in the first 2-3 minutes of the game. Share some wisdom!

2. DaveAzoicer

DaveAzoicer Alföðr - of Vampirism Fire
    Legend + Donator +

Not much to do if you get killed like that.
    Just try and be careful, always carry a scroll or two?

3. Khadgar

Khadgar The Archmage

They are not allowed to trap you with buildings before 18 minutes.

4. qnra

qnra Members

@Dave Can't say i was careful first game that happened since i didnt expect such thing, but then the same stuff happened next game after that one, in top right corner base with narrow path, they made shitload of healing towers and hammer/manaburn me to death. Due to dmg reduction when attacking healing towers and low dmg/lvl on my vampire i had no chance. Somehow i managed to kill healing towers and tried to ww out, and then i got blocked with houses so i couldnt get out. Vampire cant survive 3 humans constantly manaburning him and hammering.

@Khadgar I thought that only walls count, not all buildings, thats why it seemed ok.

5. Khadgar

Khadgar The Archmage

Can we have names and replay, please?

6. qnra

qnra Members

@Khadgar I saved replay because i liked that play style, but i cant post it now since im not in my country.

You misunderstood my post its not about complaining, just wanted to share some thoughts how to survive early human ganks. Instead of buildings they can block with slayers and do the exact same thing, you can run using ww once but when you come again you ll just die.

7. DaveAzoicer

DaveAzoicer Alföðr - of Vampirism Fire
    Legend + Donator +

Even if it wasn't to complain, it is still not allowed to do what they did.

8. Khadgar

Khadgar The Archmage

^

The discussion can continue about how to survive the legit version of the gank you talked about, however, they still are to be punished for braking the rules.

9. qnra

qnra Members

Okay then lets continue about the legit version of the gank.

Last post of the day thing, cheers.

10. ping

ping Active Member
    Staff Member SysOp Member

There was something we did back in the day called, which I've labelled as "Human Rifle Gank". The gist of it is all humans would build only at top right, meaning everyone will have harvest bases at the top right two bases, and research rifles. If everyone builds at top right, it will force the vampires to go there first (or when they find it), which makes this strategy even more hilarious. The vampires will come and you'll have 10 humans all attacking the vampires with their rifles and using mana burn. There were a few rules for humans to make this a lot more fair (for the vampires); no slayers and no towers. It will almost always work against vampires that have no idea what's happening (which is everyone), but if they figure it out, they can easily win. Once the vampires recruit a few minis it's GG.

I haven't done this in some time, mainly due to my inactivity (thanks school), but it's probably the funnest thing you can do in Vampirism Fire.

edit: Oh, I forgot to answer the actual question. Bring cyclones and cyclone one of the humans and hold position over him. As long as you kill one human, they will stop pestering you for the rest of the game.

INoScopedJFK and DaveAzoicer like this.
  11. PleaseBugMeNot

PleaseBugMeNot New poster

that cyclone thing does not work you have around 280 damage so the human blinks away, unless you crit. If they are not trapping you then only a stupid vamp would die to this rifle gank strategy, it is not a real thing. also once you get helm/str this strategy pretty much evaporates.

12. NaturalCauzes

NaturalCauzes The Fallen Angel
    Guardians Legend Shaman SysOp VFG Members Moderator Champion

You can start by harrassing them early with chain aswell as saving your ww to escape. If they block you than report them.

Also rush a concotion and you should be fine. Play safe as thid tactic screws over humans tech quite badly.

13. srele96

srele96 Members

Humans who hammer vampires don't even want to tech, so you can't really say it screws their tech cus they don't even want to tech, they just want highest human dmg as possible.

Simply if you fail to hammer kill vamp you deto base, that's what I did at least.

14. bLz.Raul

bLz.Raul Firespawn Deforester
    VFG Members Donator Member

eventually they rage quit after and they can get banned for leaving :D or they pool like noobs otherwise.

15. srele96

srele96 Members

You don't ban humans for leaving that late in game :p

16. qnra

qnra Members

What fruitdealer said, you need 3 hits to kill human that early in game + your attack speed is pretty low too.

Well i know im safe after str/helm, but the point is not to let vamp get that amount of farm.

17. Wizz4rd

Wizz4rd Members

If you are too scared to farm, move around in the middle and wait for automatic income.

Buy helm once you can and you will be fine.

18. qnra

qnra Members

I cant be scared if i dont expect such thing D: