1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ETA on hotfix due to wc3 new patch?

Discussion in 'General Fire Chat' started by NinjaPT, Aug 16, 2018.

1. NinjaPT

NinjaPT Donators
    Donator Member

So as I'm sure everyone's aware by now there's been an epidemic of in-game crashes.

Ever since the new wc3 patch on August 2018 the game now occasionally crashes when playing the latest version (Vampirism Fire 5.12d4). This usually happens when a base is being attacked, and it's either the human or the vamps that gets disconnected/dropped instantly and presented with the Blizzard bug report window.

This is a pretty frequent bug (I see about 2 crashes every game). Any workarounds to prevent this, or any ETA on the Vampirism Fire patch to fix this?

2. Rugarus

Rugarus Firespawn Deforester
    Legend + Donator +

This is caused by Blizzard not on our end. We need to wait for Blizzard to fix these issues.

Fiskefisk likes this.
  3. NinjaPT

NinjaPT Donators
    Donator Member

Well it specifically happens in that scenario I just described, and it's common for a new wc3 patch to require some adjustments in the custom map's code in order for it to keep running smoothly. Therefore it's probably something that's fixable on both ends.

Can we count on blizzard to fix it on their end though?

4. WyperC

WyperC Members

It is something happening regularly in all games. I play HLW and HHTD also and it happens here too. Blizzard also acknowledges this happening, which is why they did a hotfix in beginning but they are still on it, as I understand it.

NinjaPT likes this.
  5. vzk

vzk Members

I did sniff and decrypt the errors and so far all the crashs are caused by the new blizzard's anticheat (Warden-2.dll on the hidden offsets), trying to scan memory without making exceptions on spikes nor the new units on a sudden sight of view during milliseconds. That's why you're having a very short freeze before crashing.
    So far they didn't try it on PTR before applying it on Live.
    But they're certainly working on it lately, to fix it.

NinjaPT, Toko, Waterwalker007 and 2 others like this.
  6. NinjaPT

NinjaPT Donators
    Donator Member

Savy! We'll sit tight and sooner or later Blizzard will fix their anticheat program. Thank you for the very helpful and informative replies.

7. NinjaPT

NinjaPT Donators
    Donator Member

Hey I found this recently and decided to post it here for those who don't know.

There's apparently a workaround to this bug. Reportedly, it greatly reduces the amounts of crashes you have. Personally, I've been trying it out and my warcraft 3 used to crash everyday and now hasn't crashed for over a week. The workaround is you gotta restart the game after EVERY. SINGLE. MATCH. (No need to restart computer, only warcraft 3)

So after you leave the match, just ALT+F4 and launch warcraft 3 again. Takes around 20 seconds and it's the only thing that's proven to be really effective against the custom maps disconnect/crash bug. Hope this manages to help some of you out there!

theHUMANhunter likes this.