1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hellhound

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by snoppkaka, May 29, 2019.

1. snoppkaka

snoppkaka Members

Hellhound is an interesting and pretty new ability of the vampires, but it is rarely used. I believe there is one main reason for this:

The range of the ability is too short. It would be nice if you could cast it over cliffs, such as the one to the slayer pool. As it is now, the hound will simply spawn right next to your vampire.

With buffed range, you could also spawn it inside someones base and try to snipe their hero. To compensate for this, you could make the hound melee instead of a ranged unit. But it would probably need to have a slightly longer duration if it needs to run up to the slayer as well.

2. Rugarus

Rugarus Firespawn Deforester
    Legend + Donator +

The reason I don't make the range very far is because I don't want it being spawned inside someones base. That would make the Slayer never have a safe place to be. The reason it never gets used is because it's lumber cost is too high. And partially due to it's fairly high mana cost early game. I'm lowering the cost of it to 3 lumber for the next version and lowering the mana cost to 300. It should have more uses then.

3. snoppkaka

snoppkaka Members

I see. One problem I have is when I stand in the slayer pool and spawn hellhound, it spawns behind the vampire and can't move past him even though I target the spell to the left of my vampire. Perhaps give it a windwalk ability to move past?

4. Rugarus

Rugarus Firespawn Deforester
    Legend + Donator +

This ability was designed for when you've silenced a slayer outside the slayer pool and you got snared or someone blocked you and you then spawn the hell hound to chase him down to finish him off. I wouldn't spawn it inside the pool. Instead be outside the pool and spawn the hellhound to the side of you so that you can block the entire entrance off. Can get an easy 2-3 slayer kills depending if they've bought vest/pendants or not.