1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to handle burst gem?

Discussion in 'General Fire Chat' started by Noobrage, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Noobrage

Noobrage Members

Lets face the realistic part

The vamps get burst gem and start wrecking ur vaults and mana turrets. Especially those bases that can poorly defend against that. After that the fire turrets are soon gone too.
    By a certain point they can dangeriously pressure your emerald and force you to use furbs and chainfarm off on you, since the only thing holding them down are their own mana capacities.

If you do nothing they completly wreck your whole eco, but defending that early is somehow now that awesome either.

What to do on those szenarios?

Get early arc and a big super flame?
    Constant deto furb like the pro everyone on the lobby is and wreck your own eco till the vamps get bored off you, so the other people have enough time to get further ahead?
    prolly possible if you only need 1-2 furbs.
    Beg and pray that they dont pressure you till youre set?

Im honestly im a bit clueless about the games, where vamps have burst gem and a good start with it.
    Hows your guys best way to cope against that?

Ive used it myself and its damn strong

2. seofl

seofl Members

If they get early burst gem they are losing a decent amount of dmg, and delaying helm/str/demo, so it's not hard to punish with dmg. Try making flames somewhere where they can't reach them. Also picking the correct base is key.

Pedram likes this.
  3. Noobrage

Noobrage Members

Thats what i ment with being realistic. You think the other 9 people will pick the "correct" bases? What if they achieve beside of the burst gem another EQ min 15? AND then start to pressure and farm off other bases? What then?

4. Double D.

Double D. The guy with 2 Ds who loves Juke & Pedram + WW
    Guardians VFG Members

If they get early richo then you can greed for a while until you're capable of getting upgraded flames.

If they get equipment + rico, then it's no different than equipment + a helm = they are fed and in this case you should go chrysophrase if you want to survive

5. Noobrage

Noobrage Members

Not rico. Only burst gem.

6. Double D.

Guardians VFG Members

My bad, that is what I meant though. A burst costs as much as a helm + shield. If the vampires had 1 equipment and the other vamp had helm + shield + conco, they could pressurise you in a similar way as they do with burst + just an equipment. So when you notice that they get burst, hide your vault deep inside and if you build towers, then go straight for towers with more than 1500 HP. Upgraded flame requires URC, and blood tower is slightly more expensive but doesn't require any buildings.

7. MarsLyGo

MarsLyGo Feeder

one of my favorite tactic's ppl using that since they knew killing cita by burst gives 2 level by cd this idea i saw from sango

8. Rugarus

Rugarus Firespawn Deforester
    Legend + Donator +

Your best option is always rush comet tower. The moment you see them buy a burst gem, focus 100% on economy. Build your mines out of range of rico.

You can also make feed boxes+houses around your goldmines or towers so that when they rico it will not rico 3 towers or 3 mines and instead only kill 1-2 of those targeted structures.

A frost tower is always a good tower to get vs rico since it can't be killed easily.

Build your vaults+advanced research centres on random locations around the map or hard to reach places.

If you can't rush comet tower before demo time then get the 50k wood upgrade to increase tower HP.

9. Name368

Name368 Donators
    Donator Member

Imo burst gem early is always bad choice. Early is much better helm + shield. Then you can farm furbs behind the wall. Imo rico is very situational item... its very expensive... i won almost every game as vamp with brute force - demo and gaunts... one game i played for fun 2x rico, surprisingly we won, we sphered many bases and then we got hellfire and cloak... but until 25th min we havent defeated single base.

10. Double D.

Guardians VFG Members

Aye, burst gem puts an immense pressure on some bases but bases that can't be harassed by the gem are essentially capable of greeding up to the point vampires get enough feed for equpiments (difficult) or until they get demo (doable, but you can have a safe greed up until minute 25 for which you can prepare ahead of time)

In order for the vamp to make most use of his gem he will have to walk around bases a lot of time leaving his other mate play solo.

11. WyperC

WyperC Members

When I see burst gem I just greed until they have eq, then I get super flame - short story.

Long story is: Place ur towers and healths places where burst cant reach, I usually do pinkies if I'm uncertain of range in that base. If they burst very early I build 4 wall towers and do eme if needed that way ure not rly losing any eco and u still dmg the vamp.
    Btw almost every base has a safe spot, it's just about ur other buildings then.