1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hullo!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by EsgibtkeinBier, Jun 16, 2013.

1. EsgibtkeinBier

EsgibtkeinBier Members

Greetings!

My name is Theodore and I'm a 20 years old economist in the making.
    I discovered VF a loooong time ago and it didn't take me that long to become my favourite custom map in WC III.
    Played it a lot back then but, after a while, I had to drift away to broaden my gaming horizons.

Years came and went.
    History became legend, legend became myth and some some things that shouldn't be forgotten, were lost...

A couple of weeks ago I reinstalled the Frozen Throne (had some unfinished business with the campaign in Hard difficulty) and VF came to my mind.
    I really don't know how the player base evolved over the years but I really couldn't find any games in the lobby.
    That's when I knew I had to come to you.

I remember seeing the Vampirism forum ages ago, taking its first steps and I was astonished when I saw the way it has developed.
    Well... I went through the shoutbox, read that I had to befriend the bot*, played five or six games (with relative success :p) and I am starting to feel the curse of the vampire running through my veins again!

In the end of the day, I would love to play some games with you and I would be more than delighted to play my part in keeping this wonderful game alive and why not, take to the next level?
    Hope to see you around :)

Cheers!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

* I suppose that it would be helpful if you could write a quick guide about how (new) players can find your games.

2. Deja_

Deja_ Moderator/Shaman

Hello Theodore, welcome to VFR forum.
    greetings from Deja_ , co-leader of VFR.

3. EsgibtkeinBier

EsgibtkeinBier Members

Since this is my introductory post I suppose I have to write more things about myself, right?

Me:
    Well, to begin with, I study Economic Science in Athens University of Economic and Business and I live in a sunny suburb of Athens, Kallithea.
    Among the many things that give me pleasure (feeling overextended from time to time :p) are:
    astronomy (proud owner of a reflector telescope), boardgames (mainly a wargamer but –almost– everything that can be played on a board is my cup of tea), reading books, music (I tend to consider myself a flutist; also, I am listening, from dusk till dawn, loads of rock –I love indie– and classical stuff), martial arts (fiddled around with Wado-ryu, Aikido, Iaido and Kendo), watching films, hanging around with friends, traveling, drinking beer (obvious, right?) and videogames (again, pretty much obvious).
    Hopefully, in a couple of years from now, I will be studying Philosophy of Economics in LSE.

Me (in-game):
    Of the many games I played, I have tried to be the vampire like… twice :)
    Not much to say other than I am not that good at it.

Now when I play a human (99% of the time) I tend to early base (noobish – I know). I have fun building with others (who know what they're doing) but base 6 only has room for one :r ~
    I always change my worker to Jaina and I always hate it when I hear a dude saying that my building is complete (the day this is "fixed" I shall be a happy man).

C’ est moi :mrgreen:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for the hospitality!

4. DaveAzoicer

DaveAzoicer Alföðr - of Vampirism Fire
    Legend + Donator +

Welcome back then I guess.
    I'm DaveAzoicer aka DaveTheBat. The almost longest completely active administrator and well, God amongst VF-players :p

Wizz4rd likes this.
  5. EsgibtkeinBier

EsgibtkeinBier Members

Being a powerful, spell-casting creature of the night and associating with the Greater Old Ones (in an alternative, epic dimension) also helps in gathering worshipers, right?
    :ph34r:

DaveAzoicer likes this.
  6. DaveAzoicer

DaveAzoicer Alföðr - of Vampirism Fire
    Legend + Donator +

7. schregger

schregger New poster

hey dude, im schreggi, the newest vfr member, welcome to the forum :)

8. EsgibtkeinBier

EsgibtkeinBier Members

Nice to meet you!
    Thanks for the warm welcoming!

9. EsgibtkeinBier

EsgibtkeinBier Members

TEST

Just testing the post counter thingy.
    Will delete this asap!

10. FasT0ne.NerD

FasT0ne.NerD Veteran Hostbot Admin
    Veteran Forum Member

You can't delete any topics yourself. Any mod or admin has to do it.

Welcome to VFR and the forums.

(Your nick is strange btw. xD)

11. EsgibtkeinBier

EsgibtkeinBier Members

I can't delete my own posts? Weird.

~

Haven't you heard of this?

I thought all Germans (especially Bavarians) knew it :p

This version is equally interesting:

Although there are some well-kept secrets behind this nick, the general idea is: "I like this song, beer and it rings nice (at least to me) so... why not?"

PS
    One of the secrets lies in the word gibt.
    It's a unique word in a sense that Es gibt kein Bier is closer (but not equal) to "No Beer exists" than "There is no Beer".
    The existential part has many extensions so I don't think that we would like to follow that path :p