1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rushing

Discussion in 'General Fire Chat' started by Sindricus, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Sindricus

Sindricus Members

I really do not know man this is kinda interesting. Many people say rushing should be lame, should not be done by VFG members and so on. I honestly do it and also agree to it rushing is the only strat you can use in order to win as a vampire against a strong lobby, otherwise, if you do not rush, you will ensure yourself a loss and that is for sure. So problem is: I see loads of people complaining VFG members rush, and they say it is not fun and it is super lame, and that it ruins people's fun. Well if the vamp does not rush it ruins his fun.
    What I am trying to say here is this: guys, rushing is ok, there is nothing against it, it is just part of the game and you gotta understand it. If you are rushed, then well, that is it. There is no point complaining about it. That is my personal point of view. I know this is kinda hard, but even I myself kinda tend on raging when being rushed but you always should remeber it is a game, and it is played for BOTH: WINNING AND HAVING FUN. Winning is fun too and being blind thinking that only being 100% fairplay is fun then well, pardon me saying so, but you, like past me were total idiots. Always being 100% fair in this game will result into you loosing as vamp considering the game is full of strong players, granted. So if you do not play for having fun as vamp (by trying to win) then what are you doing? Just wasting your time?
    Buttom line: RUSHING IS OK. If you are rushed as human do not think you are the only one who must have fun. The vamps also have to have fun and thinking that rushing is lame means you are selfish just because you think the game is only made for you to have fun without thinking of others.
    Please guys, share your thoughts with me and the community. Say here if you agree to rushing and if yes/no why. Honestly if you will I will greatly appreciate it.

2. stamp

stamp Members

You have a point, might be yes. But ppl usually rush on purpose not 4fun .

3. 1010.

1010. Members

People think rushing somebody counts as a win. It doesn't. All you have done is wasted the player's time. Any vampire that kills bases before minute 8:30, is not a good vampire, it is as simple as that.

4. Double D.

Double D. The guy with 2 Ds who loves Juke & Pedram + WW
    Guardians VFG Members

People just don't know how to avoid getting rushed.

This is because the vampires started leaking a lot and therefore everyone bases at minute 6. When you base at minute 6, the vampires just have to find one single base getting started up and it's enough to have them called out for getting rushed.

When you had just 2 players basing each minute it was a lot more difficult to find bases to rush - back in my time getting rushed was your own fault!!!!

WyperC and Pedram like this.
  5. Domingos

Domingos Members

Let me quote.

Act up
    We, VFG members, are supposed to be the role models how to behave and play the game. We do NOT wish to see anyone causing drama with others. Especially drama between VFG members should never happen publicly. If you have issue with someone, let him/her know about it with propriety and fill out a complaint. We, leaders, will take it over from there.

Edit: Might be misread as it constantly is, let me highlight it as well.

6. YozefAnder

YozefAnder Members

I think rushing depends on skill level of lobby ofc.
    But how many minutes i should give to man who based at 6... 7... 8? Isnt it different time from starting base? How I should know when he based?
    Maybe humans should play more safely and get fine def before second Gm? Or maybe build at 7 minute with wall?Ofc they wont be first to get CC. But they can give time for others so all Humans win.

I think that its just a greed. As for me I always go greedy trying to be the most Tech. I dont care of team.

Also there are different ways to have interesting game. If u suspect that u can be rushed and u hate that just because u hate it than think of doing some challenges on ur own. U have built usual bases so many times.

7. CHRTHEGREAT

CHRTHEGREAT Members

Attacking a base before 8min (rushing) is part of the game. Humans base at 6 min to get better economy later on, but that comes with the risk of being rushed. If you want to avoid being rushed base at 7 or 8min and immediately upgrade wall, or try to build as far away from the vamps as possible.

Sindricus likes this.
  8. seofl

seofl Members

While i do agree with this the problem is that rushing isn't defined anywhere in the rules or etiquette. Therefore anyone in the clan can have their own opinion on it and do what they like, just like you have a opinion that it's gay and shouldn't be done.

9. Rugarus

Rugarus Firespawn Deforester
    Legend + Donator +

I believe rushing should only be classified as attacking a base the moment they put their vault/gold mine down.

And even so that is the humans fault basing so close to the vampire.

If you wait another 1-2 minutes and get full gem quality you stand a much greater chance.

Besides that I think most people consider rushing when a human's base is still at an undefendable state(usually first 1-3) minutes(in this patch)

For the next patch gold will be buyable for 3k wood. Also all humans will get gold at 6 minutes. Resistance shields will come out at 7 minutes, as well as the cyclone stock will start at 0 instead of 5. So the max a vamp could have of cyclones at 6 minutes would be 6 cyclones. This should hopefully make humans have a much greater chance early game. Especially with the amount of new players feeding str/helm pre 3/4 mins.

Sindricus, Fiskefisk, WyperC and 2 others like this.
  10. WyperC

WyperC Members

I believe we have been on this topic before.

I am still of the belief that there is no such thing as rushing as a vampire, only as a human, you rush to base premature or whatever you can call it, before you can actually defend properly. Basing before six minutes into game and not having enough for sapphire and enough furbs to repair is not the vampires fault. The vampire can decide to spare your base or you are lucky and the vampire hasn't sighted your base during the build up.

I agree with whoever said, back in the days rushing wasn't really a thing frowned upon or whatever, even tho I wasn't part of these days.

On the other hand vampires leaking is a common understanding between vampires and humans where the tradeoff is humans not denying everything, resulting in a better overall game. At the same time some players in the community have a common understanding of not taking each others slayer tavern or research center during starting phase or waiting for it to finish. This is where the rushing comes in, where I think too many expect the no rush, rather than it being a luxury.

Of course I agree on the point of no rushing will result in a better, longer and more challenging and learning game, but as also mentioned by someone, it will be difficult in a good lobby to win then. Especially when you know humans in the lategame will most likely be freakin annoying no matter what (in 90% of cases). Humans will start to kill the support vamp or net around and so on.

My point is, I think many humans see this luxury as a must have, to be safe from rushes, rather than something gifted to oneself, and later forget this when they annoy the vamps. Again, this is a game, you play to win, but yes you can challenge yourself.
    Note: I also hate fucking being rushed, but it is the game, and yes, I at times also rush, when the lobby should be good enough to avoid being rushed. Basically in over 50% of cases, if you are rushed, you had no map awareness or didn't prep properly (checking shades around, noticing far sights, awareness of vampires placement and items).

Sindricus likes this.
  11. 1010.

1010. Members

every few days somebody creates a thread about rushing. 95% of the players don't abuse but some trashcans like glide do, in which case you just have to wait a minute to base.

12. stamp

stamp Members

@1010 8 min attacking a base when u over leak its hard. I used to attack good lobby at min 8 but now at 7 since skill increases everyday and especially if i overleak.

13. roBzeh

roBzeh Donators
    Donator

Back in the old days no one even mentioned that word rushing nor complain something about it. Now all play the role of some victims when it comes to rush without prior review of their actions in the game ( map awareness, up emerald on time, watch for str-helm, amount of cyclones ) and from most of you who know how to play this and who know how this game works. What are you whining? It would be best for a vampire to walk around a good 8 minutes until you're all well built up, most of you would then have an aura of greed to aim at 3 mines and still be on amethys wall or sappire with 5k hp rofl. Instead of being reconciled to the situation that befall you in the game most of you just shit "He rush me, he doesn't allow me to play, he is bad and rude, no fun, bla,bla,bla, and bla and bla". People such as you need to be pressed even harder in the game as long as you no longer have the tears in eyes to mourn the rush, you'll probably calm after that.

snoppkaka, WyperC, YozefAnder and 3 others like this.
  14. TakeThis

TakeThis Members

Scout the vamp and base in the furthest most comfortable base for you, there is minutes you can't base if you are actually trying hard vs someone you know is going to rush you, if you don't see him on the map he is camping you.

What is more bothering is that 2 vamps can buy rods of teleport and spam shades and farsight all over the map, if you find some with tracker and kill they can buy new ones and patrol all over the map.

ssssstayupppppp and Double D. like this.
  15. Double D.

Guardians VFG Members

When will you start playing again? People started accepting my gay jokes and it makes me feel unconfortable, I miss you

xutopia likes this.
  16. TakeThis

TakeThis Members

give me a cd key, mine got locked in my external hard drive it says i don't have permesion to open the text document i have it in lol, i'm playing league of legends diamond on 3 accounts

#16 TakeThis, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    Double D. likes this.
  17. Double D.

Guardians VFG Members

pass me that text document file and I'll get you right back into the game

#17 Double D., Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    xutopia likes this.
  18. Spoon

Spoon Spoon holder
    Legend

It's simple, adapt to a situation. Every game is different. Basing at 5 or 6 min is not a rule same goes to leaking.
    What more can i say - " rush " is an invention of past few month's.
    You take a risk, you base early on - it may pay off or it may backfire.

In regards to some personal trip's i saw above, well guy's they are really unnecessary.
    It's time to be a bigger man.

19. theHUMANhunter

theHUMANhunter Members

I onestly agree with the fact that rushing exists and is a part of the game. Sometimes it is the only thing that grants you victory. I was in a game with glide really underfed where we used 4 shades and had 126 gold at min 7. With the gold we had the game could have been clearly lost but with some rushes that gave us a decent feed and good levels from the vaults, we managed to come back into the game and to win it! Sometimes you actually need to do it to do something. The vampires not coming to your base when it is weak is not one of their must, it's just an advantage that they are deciding to give you.

Sindricus likes this.
  20. Name368

Name368 Donators
    Donator Member

While i think rush is a part of strategy, its cancer because i simple cannot play another game yet because of lack players.
    Yesterday i played 4 games. I was in lobby for 2 hours and ingame 20-30 mins because of 4x rush. Not fun at all...
    Yes i was a little greedy because if im not, then some other greedy guy feed the vampires and im fked up because of slow tech...