1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turning VF into its own game

Discussion in 'General Fire Chat' started by Flavius, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Flavius

Flavius Feeder

Hello everyone, this is my first post here. I was wondering if there is any progress or movement towards turning Vampirism idea into its own separate game with its own engine. This could potentially be huge, this game alone is the only reason I still cling onto Warcraft.

stamp likes this.
  2. 1010.

1010. Members

A few years back some guy tried to create vampirism fire for dota 2 but it didn't pan out. there are currently no plans on moving this game to another platform

3. quarter_master

I remember vampirism galaxy from starcraft. That was good but again it relied on the player base of starcraft wanting to play and was locked into the game engine that starcraft ran.

If a truly universal vampirism fire came out it would have to have its own thin client and server control. That would be awesome.

4. Domingos

Domingos Members

Biggest upside of VF is the simplicity of WC3. The engine and the graphics. Recreating it might end up being a disaster.

Moreover creating your own game isn't a amateur thing to do, especially on a game with lots of mechanics.