1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update of ruleset for VFG

Discussion in 'General Fire Chat' started by WyperC, Aug 20, 2018.

1. WyperC

WyperC Members

So I just read the forum post with the best human lobby and couldnt help but notice the fun setup with u know which ppl who are just griefing.

I and many other players can usually handle these players, but I would think they do the same in lobbies with vamps that arent that good, and they would scare those ppl away from ever vamping again.

We are talking about the players who maze the whole map like ProfoundSect, players like Jamaica who as soon as they lose RC og slayer tavern during start or lose their base early they will dedicate themselves to ruin the vamps game or delay it by blocking with slayer, prevent u from using minions, double repair or block with houses for another player.

Is it soon possible to set up some rules against these acts? The mazing part I understand is a member thing, that's fine, but the way Jamaica plays is just toxic, he doesnt even rebase properly, he only sets farmers up and maybe 1-2 gms so he can say that "I have a base"

There is a lot of whining in this, but I'm growing tired of players like these.

2. Double D.

Double D. The guy with 2 Ds who loves Juke & Pedram + WW
    Guardians VFG Members

You can use !votekick against this sort of players to have them removed in case they no longer play a role in the game.

However, I do think that players without a base shouldn't be allowed to annoy the vampires by pathblocking the whole map.

Regarding dualrepairing/teambasing with the remaining players after you've lost your base - this is part of the game and it's the reason you should kill humans when you kill their base. I firmly believe that if you don't kill the human then he should be allowed to help the other players however they wish as long as it's not annoying the vampire.

Waterwalker007 likes this.
  3. WyperC

WyperC Members

Honestly, I know u know !vk wont work, because that system it flawed.

It's pretty difficult to kill a human pre 12 without silence, even with cyclones ppl will slayer tp in. Either way there's also the deal with wanting to get the base farm. I'm though partially in agreement with that the human should be allowed to do whatever, but when it is in spite and not to help then it's something different. Like a game where ppl dont get their coins at 6, then they dont base but instead play against the vamp.

Double D. likes this.
  4. Rugarus

Rugarus Firespawn Deforester
    Legend + Donator +

Apply to be an HBA and then you can make the decision to kick yourself.

Everyone hates these players, I wish I could establish some sort of system to detect when players do this and ruin the game but it's nearly impossible to differate between someone having a base and not or what his intentions are.

5. WyperC

WyperC Members

Objectively I am ready for it, since I would abide by the rules and have to be more patient in teaching and so on. Subjectively I am not yet ready for it, since I am still in disagreement with some of the decisions on some of my reports (ban length and so on). So HBA will have to wait, currently we have a few as far as I know, I just dont see them around a lot.

I agree on the part where it is difficult, since it is near impossible to proove intent. On the other hand would admins be open for a player gathering 5-10 replays of one player only griefing in games to spoil it but not violating any rules and doing a ban request based on this?

theHUMANhunter likes this.
  6. Spoon

Spoon Spoon holder
    Legend

It's not impossible to prove intent, just approach such player - i am speaking from my own experience, i've been a while around as an admin ;)
    • some people do this intentionally being driven by different emotion's ( happen's )
    • other's do this without actually knowing what sort of ( negative ) impact this may have on a game
    Not every game is perfect, but if you feel someone is trying to spoil the game for his own selfish benefit:
    • try to reason with such player, and open his eye's, explain him that his action's are leading to this and that
    • you may try to vote kick such player, just talk with other players
    Best thing you can do is start with your self, act like you would like to be treated and then try to influence other's ( tho i am not suggesting you are acting like a douchebag - i am speaking in general tho whom ever read this ).

roBzeh and Waterwalker007 like this.
  7. YozefAnder

YozefAnder Members

There is a thread to leave complains on HBA. I dunno how many there is such things but i dont think that u will get one so go up! Maybe u just wont be using banhammer? Just kick all the annoying.

8. Waterwalker007

Waterwalker007 Lord Of The Sea
    Staff Member Shaman VFG Members Donator

Yes, if a players purpose in the games is to ruin the game, we can ban them. Including excessive path blocking, harassing with slayer in multiple games without a base, being unsportsmanlike, in general. We (HBAs) will take all the replays you have, and come up with a decision on how to solve the problem with the player. Sometimes someone being an asshat in 1 game isn't enough to ban him on the spot. But if we notice he mostly plays with an unsportsmans like attitude, in most games than not. We will take action to prevent that.

As community members, read Spoons post above. He said it well, issues with people harassing/denying/blocking start somehow from a poor situation in a previous game, or with another person. Fixing these issues can be helped with banning/votekickig the oddballs with bad attitude. But explaining and talking to the players will help more in the long run.

#8 Waterwalker007, Aug 21, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    Pedram, Juke and Spoon like this.