1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What made you start playing Vampirism Fire a lot?!

Discussion in 'General Fire Chat' started by Sharp., Jan 19, 2016.

1. Sharp.

Sharp. Furbolg Harvester
    Guardians VFG Members

Back in the day, there were tons of people who played Vampirism Fire with a passion that had a goal to be the best, to get better, or to just have fun! It isn't much different than today, or is it...? What, who, or whatever made you play this wonderful game that we all love??

I'll start first!

I started playing Vampirism Fire about... 8 years ago? I was beyond trash. Going around the map and building useless junk as well as quadruple walling. Yes, 4 walls alright. I came across many pros throughout the games I played and decided to get better from the ones I looked up to, named Ping, TruPower, simple_bob, yourf, and many more. I spent all my time in West Server (Lodareon) because I am from California and joined Northrend for VFG for my comeback ;) Those who I looked up to back then are now my friends, as well as some passerbyers who I play with every now and then! It's been a long worth journey. Here I am now, I think I am fairly skilled (beyond decent), a veteran, and still loving the game playing with friends, clanmates, and tryhards (not really) that want to get better, not the cocky ones.

HOW ABOUT YOU?!?!? Cheers!

2. Legacy

Legacy The Smurf Killer and Lord of the Lords
    Legend Donator

I first started this game probably also around 8 years ago. I was not trash like Sharp here, but i was not great, I make 2 walls in the center and then towers behind.
    Still i enjoyed looking at other players and become better myself, I also played alot of vampirism zero and beast.
    after that I had a break for some years not playing really, had other things to do and if I played I played other games.
    But now im back loving it as I always have still becoming better, still things to learn.

3. DaveAzoicer

DaveAzoicer Alföðr - of Vampirism Fire
    Legend + Donator +

Found the very first Vampirism map in the early Frozen Throne days.
    Later found VF, started to play it, sucked balls. Played a lot with all kinds of old schoolers back then that the majority of people here have no clue who they are :p
    Played for waaaaaaay to many hours.

4. MeteorStrike

MeteorStrike Hostbot Admin

Started playing when when I am 16. Almost 8 years ago on IRC. Mainly cause I don't really like Dota. After that, stop for quite awhile before being conscripted into the army. During army days. I had the lots of time to play since I am on 2 days work-rest shift so basically went back playing after discovering the bot. That is also when I join VFG. (Stop playing currently cause of work and OTs, and school starting soon again)

5. TakeThis

TakeThis Members

I was 12 when i discovered vf and got instantly addicted, played really bad at first i thought the map is rigged because i didn't know how to get in the portal to kill the humans that were there, months later i got my own pc and i was playing it 15 hours a day, really wanted to be the best in my country it was played by a lot of people from Bulgaria back then, there was this guy with nickname tanosan we played the map together untill i retired at the age of 13 :cool:

Made my comeback around 2 years ago met Englocked had really rough and interesting games with him in which i think we both improved at least i did and that's about it.

and i just found that this tanosan guy has a profile on the forum, great.

6. Archimonde

Archimonde Members

When I play War3 TFT once 4 year ago I saw custom game list but I have never tried before so. I discovered VF as my first custom game and I was very confused of everything. I learn in singleplayer and now I still playing VF but also discovered many other vampirisms. I am a selfish player not in clans and shit but my goal is also to be the best player.

7. NaturalCauzes

NaturalCauzes The Fallen Angel
    Guardians VFG Members

Used to just dabble in all sorts of custom games. Played a Vampirism that was completely imbalanced, (Ranged repairing, Pulse staff did 99'999 dmg and could be used on vamps so as soon as a human bought it {GG}, just generally broken.
    I tried to fix it using my own map making skills but simply didnt have the time for it and then i found VF, was the best amongst my friends as they only played first person shooters. Eventually met Ezio in a game who was nice enough to give me cookies and !hold me because my ping was rubbish and still is (South African Problems) So then i wanted his admin powers so i started practicing and playing a lot. Became fairly decent, won about 70% of my games as human and about 60% as Vamp. then joined VFG and eventually became HBA and here i am today! :D

8. Archimonde

Archimonde Members

What vampirism is that? (Am not looking for a fight or vampirism discussion)

9. NaturalCauzes

Guardians VFG Members

Vampirism G.A.C Upgraded.

Its really basic.

Imbalaced as fuck. You can range repair, stack GMs on top of each other, Kill vamp instantly with Pulse Staff.

Here it is if you want to give it a go, i just mess around in it to practise map making.

View attachment 8813

Attached Files:

10. Archimonde

Archimonde Members

I remember that name GAC I don't know why. But I bet I will find a counter for every unbalanced thing. ha we will see :)

And how to open that file I move it to War3 > maps first?

Weird I moved it in maps but I can't open it there and in war3 I can't find the map.

I already solve the problem ==

11. NaturalCauzes

Guardians VFG Members

I'd like you to find a counter for a human buying pulse staff and just instakilling the vamp. 45g for a pulse staff that oneshots.

Without physically changed the map, its simply not possible.

12. Archimonde

Archimonde Members

Vampire HP is 3500 base hp + Str*25 and 99999=100000 100000-3500=96500 96500/25=3860 you need 3860 str le!

13. NaturalCauzes

Guardians VFG Members

i just said 99'999 dmg as an example. it one shots everything, ive tested. Now back to the topic.

Sorry Kronoss, i shouldnt have even answered him cause now were off topic*

14. kadilak

kadilak Members

Found Vampirism Fire 6 years ago,wanted to try some custom game beside stupid dota.I was so confused and nervous that i want al+f4,noone wanted explain me anything...But something was telling me to stay,and learn...
    It was fun to play it and relaxing,after dota.Was like after party(after boring dota),1 game enough and sleep.
    Then moved to Heroes of Newerth,got bored,left it and played vamp fire continuosly for half of year.Then i quit games lol.
    Now i am trying to implement better looking graphics for vamp fire,in form of mod,by chaning mpq.Its in ending stage.
    Sad thing is,i believe i will not play it.Its like making subtitles for whole movie alone,then watch it.Nah its better when someone else translate it for you.If someone else did it,and i accidentily found it,i would play it 24/7 :D

15. puribury

puribury Members

oh boy. i started playing it 2008 or so? just a few games here and there with a clan (ladder) i used to be in and i be friends with some of them still. although i didnt played vf for that for a really long time until last year juni or july. it was exciting meeting good playing people. always thought that i#d never play as vampire, but i tried and improved very quickly. also what were bothering me were the bloodspots :D i used to hate those kind of bases, didnt knew how to block them back then.

16. buddyme

buddyme Hostbot Admin
    VFG Members Donator Member

So long ago(maybe 7-8 years)I Couldn't recall when I was in the internet cafe 24/7 from morning to midnight. I was bored of all the games they have on the system, so warcraft 3 was the last option for me.
    1.clicked on battlenet
    2.joined the west server
    3. Was looking for kodo tag but instead, i bumped into vampirism fire and eventually got addicted to it.
    4. Itznightmare act as my mentor and i had learn alot from him.

Send from my samsung galaxy s6 edge.

17. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b Members

I played Vamp Beast 6 years ago (maybe only less than 10 games) and started fire 5 years ago as I was curious what the difference was. I was so confused.

I play a VFire game like every other month nowadays but I used to play it multiple times a week in... maybe 2013-14 on and off.

18. bLz.Raul

bLz.Raul Donators
    Donator Member

I think I started playing wc3 online in the 6-7th grade... now I'm graduating uni :D :D
    I wasn't playing custom maps at start. I probably started to play them 1-2 years later, including vampirism ice and another crazy vampirism where you could use the hero to farm strong creeps for gold :D.
    Most probably I started playing VF in 2009 (joined vfg in 2010).

19. Spoon

Spoon Spoon holder
    Legend

Started 10 years ago, it was Vampirism something i don't remember exact name. In that version vampires had 3 models - one of them was wolf. Humans had arrow towers and there was no such thing as blink but instead of that there was some sort of adrenaline buff increasing run speed by 100 % for few sec lol :smile:.
    Then i had long break from Wc3. 8 years later i came back, i was surprised to see Vampirism this time it was fire xD and i got hooked.
    My 1st games were total disaster, people were shouting on me each time i was trying to ask a question, their usual response was stfu and leave you noob lol - most common response.
    This did not discourage me, when I thought I caught the basics, i have meet that guy who kept on completely destroying me, i got annoyed. I have stayed in that game and i waited for its to finish, luckily it was over really soon after, and in next game i was trying to fix my error from last game while playing vs same player that have destroyed me in last game. Then some games later all were lost, this damn player kept on killing me using different methods.
    Then i meet him on human side, i guess he got bored of playing as vampire, and then i was surprised, this player turned out to be that nice and not call me as many other players used to, but instead he gave me few tips, and explained some basics, and told me to watch replay and learn from it.
    This player that destroyed me so many times but also gave me many tips was TakeThis.
    Later on i have discovered VFG and forum community :lol:

20. Waterwalker007

Waterwalker007 Lord Of The Sea
    Staff Member Shaman VFG Members Donator

I played Vampirism Beast about 5+ years ago, when it was the popular vampirism being hosted. I was pretty decent, and I always thought of Vampirism Beast as a very technical game. I took a break from WC3 for a few years and came back to see no Vampirism Beast and only Vampirism Fire. How could this be?!?!?

However I joined and I have been playing Fire for a few years now. It blows my mind how technical Fire is compared to beast. in Beast it was like get Mega wall, then some towers, then Giga, nice and chill...etc. But in Fire you gotta tech, level slayers at :58, save wood, mass gm's, build according to current game time/vamp strengths...etc But I would never touch Beast now since I have been playing Fire :)

@Spoon It is scary how similar our first paragraphs are lol...

Spoon likes this.