1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What made you start playing Vampirism Fire a lot?!

Discussion in 'General Fire Chat' started by Sharp., Jan 19, 2016.

1. qnra

qnra Members

As a passionate dota player for over a 10 years i was never really interested in anything besides dota, but as i was going to some sort of playhouse (internet caffe) i used to watch other people play custom WC3 maps. And that one day i saw Deja playing Vampirism, but never really understood whats going on, he was blinking around, selling/sharing recources, thats pretty much it from my point of view. Later after that i accidentally joined some VF game, downloaded the map and decided to give it a shot. Of course i was clueless back then, so i died that very first game i think i was killed by the portal. I dont remember building several walls but early basing was the thing. I remember i was trying to have the best possible slayer time for wich i thought its the most important thing in the game, and that resulted with like 1 min 58 sec slayer. I dont remember people who i played with, just this one guy BIG_BLUMENKIND or something like that, and i remember him playing on red color. After a year and a half i had some expirience, i remember making only 3 towers - frost, mana energy and UTOF, ah the good old spiral base. I remember wyrim, but never really used her. After some time i decided to stop playing, dont know why but sometimes i cought myself randomly thinking of it, like wich base is the best one, so i downloaded one image where you can see whole map with base numbers, so when i felt nostalgic i used to watch it and remember the good ol times. Last year i decided to start playing again, but this time i wanted to really be good in it, so i watched (if i die) every single game till the end, trying to learn something since there was no videos on youtube where i could do that. Then i discovered TakeThis, started watching his stuff and that helped me alot to improve my skill and develop certain game sence. I learned how to position my houses when minibasing, i learned that i shouldnt train like 20 workers from 2 houses, at first it looked like a faster way but when i realized with that time i spent waiting for workers to train and constantly spamming W i could make 3 more minibases and harvest more wood. So ye, improved my gameplay alot and here i am now, aware that i actually can detonate fangs to get people who can repair my wall instead od being hopeless and rage pinging for someone to help me when toolkit runs out. :D

2. skylir

skylir Members

Used to play vamp beast about 8-10 years ago. Tried all of the vampirism versions, some were great, others not so much.

I had a lan party with all of my little cousins during New Year's eve. We played a variety of pc games spread across many genres.
    --Got to wc3 custom maps and I introduced to them Vampirism. They loved it, and learned quite fast to my surprise.

Then one day, out of boredom, I logged onto wc3 and tried the updated fire. Fell in love all over again like I had those many years ago.
    The competitive min-max that is now present in the game is something that the friendly-elitist in me enjoys learning and fine-tuning ^^

Skylir

3. Rugarus

Rugarus Firespawn Deforester
    Legend + Donator + Member

Reviving dead threads :D
    First played VF and other Vampirism games like 2008. Was trash, quit came back in the end of 2015. I originally liked playing vamp speed more than fire cause I always though fire was slow paced, but fire was the only one being hosted at the time. After a while I quickly became hooked and VF to this day is pretty much the only game I play at all.

Pedram and Waterwalker007 like this.
  4. CHRTHEGREAT

CHRTHEGREAT Members

I found this game while i was scrolling the custom games list to play something after i had finished playing dota 1. I was just a kid then and what i really liked was the hide and seek element at the beggining of the game. I would just hide around the map, build a couple of houses and watch other players play the game while testing the different kinds of buildings. After a while, when i had learned the basics, what really intrigued me and made me play the game a lot was the mass pink tower strategy with the +400dmg upgrade that offered ultimate protection. I would go for that every single game, sacrificing all economy to make my base safe until ultra late game. Then, after a short break and some youtube videos, i started playing the game the normal way till today.

Waterwalker007 likes this.
  5. ping

ping Active Member
    Staff Member SysOp Member

I was an avid player of Vampirism Speed but someone told me Speed is for noobs and to play Fire instead.

6. stamp

stamp Members

internet caffe like 12-13 years ago, we were 7-8 friends playing wc3 maps: pyramid escape, something with grunts, footmen frenzy, dota, and vampirism

Waterwalker007 likes this.
  7. Waterwalker007

Waterwalker007 Lord Of The Sea
    Staff Member Shaman VFG Members Donator

And now u dont play either :p

8. Double D.

Double D. The guy with 2 Ds who loves Juke & Pedram + WW

Schrödinger's noob